This tutorial assumes you have already created a Pull Zone.
- Up-to-date version of Joomla: Joomla 3.4.1 or higher
- PHP 5.3.13 or higher
- PHP mbstring (Multibyte String) functions enabled
- MySQL 5 or higher
For 2.5.6. or Higher
- Download the CDN For Joomla! plugin from the download page.
- Log into your Joomla Administrator Panel, hover over Extensions and select Extension Manager. Next to the Upload Package File box, select Browse, select the downloaded plugin file, and select Upload & Install.
- After the installation is complete, go back to Extensions, select Plugin Manager, then find and select System – CDN for Joomla! Select on it to set up the plugin.
Leave the Site Root value alone, type your CDN URL (e.g.
http://foo.bar.netdna-cdn.com) into CDN Domain, then select Save & Close.
- All done! You are now officially using our CDN service.
To ensure you implemented MaxCDN correctly, you can view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain. You can also use tools like pingdom, gtmetrix, webpagetest that can give you more detailed reports on your CDN implementation status.
The free version of the CDN For Joomla! plugin does NOT support HTTPS. If you need HTTPS support, you will need to buy the paid version from nonumber.nl.
As always, If you have any questions or concerns about any of the topics mentioned in this article, please feel free to reach out to support - we are available 24/7 by chat or email.