To ensure that your control panel is being accessed only from approved locations, you can use this tool to define specific IPs you wish to allow login access to your account/Control Panel.
The IP addresses in this article are placeholder examples only. Please make sure you know or have documented, the IP of the workstation/network from which you would like to access your MaxCDN Control Panel.
Configuring for your IP address
- Navigate to Account -> Users, find your user under the list of all users for this account, and click Manage
- You will see the security section on the right side of the page with the following options:
- When you click Enable, a pop-up window will appear with a notification informing you that only defined IPs will be allowed to access your control panel:
- Clicking on Enable Login Whitelist will display another pop-up window with an auto-detected IP address from which you are currently logged in. It will assume you want to save that one as allowed and will add it to the whitelist:
- You can add more whitelisted IP addresses by hitting Whitelist New IP which will open a form to insert more allowed IPs:
- Whitelist IP will add your provided IP address into the list of existing whitelisted IP addresses which you will see at the end of this process.
Using Class-C Wildcard for Continuous Subnets
If you are behind a dynamic IP from the location where you are accessing your account, you can use class C whitelist wild-card
122.122.122.% to cover all IP addresses that your host will have assigned.
What if I block myself by mistake?
In case your IP changes and you can't access the account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from account owner's email address stating which user account got locked so we can grant you access.
We hope this article was helpful. As always, If you have any questions or concerns about any of the topics mentioned in this article, please feel free to reach out to support - we are available 24/7 by chat or email!