If you are using MaxCDN and want to add Sucuri WAF/Firewall protection, this guide should help you get that configured. By using both services together, you get the benefits of MaxCDN caching and performance and the security of the Sucuri firewall.
This is the typical traffic flow at a high level:
With that in mind, we’ll need to set up the following:
- CloudProxy pointing to Hosting Provider, as normally it is.
- MaxCDN pointing to CloudProxy
Enable the CDN option on the CloudProxy Dashboard setting it to MaxCDN.
- On CloudProxy make sure that the "internal" (hosting) IP address is actually pointing to your hosting company IP address. If the site was previously live at MaxCDN when you added it, you will need to manually edit the internal IP address to point to your hosting.
- Inside the MaxCDN settings page for the Pull Zone, you will need to edit the Origin IP address, within your existing zone, to match your CloudProxy IP Address:
- Inside the MaxCDN pull zone Edge Settings, you'll need to check the following boxes:
- That's it! You now have all the benefits of MaxCDN services and of Sucuri firewall.
If you have any questions about the content of this article, please feel free to reach out to the Support Team for assistance, we're available 24/7 for your convenience.