Origin Shield saves your origin server from unwanted stress when our CDN expires cached content (as commanded by an expiration header or real-time purge). When content expires, multiple requests for fresh content are sent to the origin server. Origin Shield intercepts these requests and funnels them into a single request.
In addition to saving your server from unwanted stress, it also serves cache misses faster due to a standing connection to the origin.
Enabling Origin Shield
- Login to your MaxCDN Control Panel.
- Navigate to Zones.
- View all Pull Zones.
- Navigate to Zone Settings.
- Select Request Origin Shield.
- Because this feature is being enabled on a request-only basis, you’ll be letting us know you need one when you select “Request Origin Shield.” As soon as we process your request, we’ll get back to you with details.
- Upon approval, you will receive Origin Shield Credits.
- Your Origin Shield control will appear in place under Origin Shield section:
Origin Shield Scheme
If you have any questions about the content of this article, please feel free to reach out to the Support Team for assistance, we're available 24/7 for your convenience.