This guide will walk you through the process of implementing your MaxCDN account your Magento's content management system.
This tutorial assumes you have already created a Pull Zone.
Magento has the ability to utilize CDN Functionality without the need for a 3rd party plugin.
- Log in to the admin panel of your website.
- Go to System → Configuration.
- Under General select Web option.
- Go to the Unsecure settings tab.
- Follow these setup instructions:
- Set the Base URL of your website so that your website domain is in the following format: http://www.mywebsite.com.
- Base link URL leave as default:
- Base Skin URL:
- Base Media URL:
- Base Java Script URL:
Do not forget to replace "foo.bar.netdna-cdn.com" with your actual CDN URL!
- Keep in mind the warning inside this section:
- Now that you are officially using a CDN on your website.
To ensure you implemented MaxCDN correctly, you can view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain. You can also use tools like pingdom, gtmetrix, webpagetest that can give you more detailed reports on your CDN implementation status.
In case you accidentally used the wrong CDN URL for your Magento website, please visit this page to learn how to fix this mistake.
As always, If you have any questions or concerns about any of the topics mentioned in this article, please feel free to reach out to support - we are available 24/7 by chat or email.