This article will serve as a walkthrough for the installation and set up of WP Performance Pack for your WordPress site. To install and set up WP Performance Pack, please follow the steps below:
This tutorial assumes you have already created a Pull Zone.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- Hover your cursor over "Plugins" and select "Add New".
- In the "Search" box, type "WP Performance Pack" and select "Search Plugins".
- Select "Install Plugin" next to the WPPP created by Björn Ahrens.
- When this process is done, enable it by selecting the "Activate plugin" button.
- Navigate to Settings -> Performance Pack.
- To get more options select "Switch to advanced view" in WPPP settings.
- Under the "CDN Support" section find "Select CDN provider" and select "MaxCDN" for the type of CDN.
- Enter your CDN URL into the provided field called "MaxCDN Pull Zone URL": <- example http://foo.bar.netdna-cdn.com. Note that http:// will be appended automatically if you leave it out.
- Under "Use CDN for images" you can choose where to apply CDN to:
- Select "Save Changes".
- After this is done you are fully integrated with CDN and your images are going to be served from the CDN.
- Any issue preventing proper CDN response will result in a notification toolbar showing.
Your site is now ready prepared to see an increase in speed and performance now that WP Performance Pack is being used in combination with the CDN.
To ensure integration with MaxCDN was implemented correctly, view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain. You can also use tools like pingdom or webpagetest that can give you more detailed reports on your CDN implementation status.
WPPP plugin will pull only images from the CDN and only those that were uploaded through Media manager into the Media Library.
WPPP plugin has a fallback ability in case your CDN zone fails to return a valid response. Regular notification you would see in admin area is:
Either the CDN is down or CDN configuration isn't working. Fallback to local serving is active. This check will be repeated every 15 minutes until the configuration is changed or the CDN is back up.
If you have any questions about the content of this article, please feel free to reach out to the Support Team for assistance, we're available 24/7 for your convenience.