What is CDN Rewrite?
According to the WP CDN Rewrite WordPress page, “this plugin allows you to rewrite the root url of assets, CSS, and js files. This allows you to load these resources from an external URL and improve page load times by taking advantage of parallel browser requests.”
How to Install and Setup WP CDN Rewrite
- Log into your WordPress admin panel.
- Hover your mouse over “Plugins” and click “Add New.”
- In the “Search” box, type “WP CDN Rewrite” and click “Search Plugins.”
- Select “Install Now.” A prompt dialog will open and ask if you are sure you want to install the plugin. Click “OK”, then after the plugin is installed, click “Activate Plugin.”
- Navigate to Settings – Rewrite.
- Paste the CDN URL into the field called CDN URL WITH http:// included and without a trailing slash.
- The CDN Root URL for CSS Files and CDN Root URL for JS Files fields are optional and can be used for parallelizing downloads across hostnames. In order for you to use these, you’ll need to create a couple of custom domains within your DNS settings.
To ensure you implemented MaxCDN correctly, you can view the source code of any page to confirm that the CDN domain is being used for static assets instead of your origin domain. You can also use tools like pingdom, gtmetrix, webpagetest that can give you more detailed reports on your CDN implementation status.
If you have any questions or experience any issues, please reach out to the Support Team, live chat and ticket support are available 24/7.